Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Photo a Day 142 - A Hot Day

Sitting on the veranda enjoying the hot weather when I spied these little fellows vsiting the frog pond for a welcome drink..  Crept inside to grab the new camera and here are the results. No time for a tripod, so the images aren't as clear as I'd like.



Red-browed Finch  -  sometimes called Firetail Finch




And nearby in the birdbath.  A Little wattle bird. Not my favourite garden visitor as they are quite vicious and give the smaller birds hell.



And the ever present common blackbird  -   a friendly, cheerful inhabitant, but they do make a mess of the garden mulch.




Liz Needle  -  linking with "Wild Bird Wednesday" and "Outdoor Wednesday".



8 comments:

  1. Great photos!
    I really like the way you have caught the light, makes the birds stand out from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, I love the cute Finch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have seen that little finch. In Honolulu and Queensland. A nice little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thirsty visitors! Nice job on the photos.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That finch is very colourful and handsome!

    ReplyDelete