Thursday, October 29, 2015

Photo A Day 149 - Good Fences

I have been away in Sydney visiting my family for the last week, so have not had a chance to post on my blog. Back now and ready to go.

Today is Thursday so I have a couple of fences I found in Sydney. The one for this week is this lovely old fence at the front of my grand daughter's school  -  St Scholastica's in Grebe.



Behind the fence is the lovely colonial building that forms the nunnery that later became a girls' school as well . The school buildings are behind the old house.



And this pretty tree lined street borders one side of the school. This street is typical of the more affluent parts of Sydney.



One thing I love about Sydney is the wealth of green in all the streets. Even the tiniest terrace house seems to have something planted somewhere and most of the streets are tree lined.

Liz Needle   -   linking with "Good Fences".







7 comments:

  1. yes Liz, I think Sydney would be my favourite city. Lovely photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scenes and fence finds. The last shot with the big trees is my favorite. Happy Thursday, enjoy your weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty fence, nice school and grand tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!:) Those are lovely big old trees in your last shot. Very nice photos, and fence find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fence is nice, but, oh how I love those big old trees on the tree-lined street scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great architecture and very lovely with all the green... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful place to attend school. The buildings are quite lovely and that is such a neat brick/iron fence.

    ReplyDelete