Saturday, October 10, 2015

Photo a Day 136 - Viburnums



With a few warm days the Viburnums have burst into flower. I think they are one of my favourite flowering shrubs in the garden.

This one is very common in gardens  -  Viburnum macrocephalum or Snowball Bush.




This is probably my favourite  -  Viburnum plicatum 'Mariesii'.  I stand to be corrected on this one as it was planted about 20 years ago.







A very similar shrub but with a somewhat different shape and way of growing is another variety of Viburnum  plicatum , but this one has tiny pink central flowers. I am not sure of the name of this variety




These are all deciduous Viburnums and we have a number of evergreen ones as well. Another time.


Liz Needle  -  linking with "Floral Friday Fotos" and "Today's Flowers".





7 comments:

  1. Lovely delicate flowers.....beautiful bushes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very partial to white flowers....this one is magnificent !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, these are exquisite and I particularly love the one with the lion. Thank you so much for sharing these with Today's Flowes. I wish you a very happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all gorgeous, but I especially like the round snow balls. I hope we don't get any snow for a while yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These snowball trees always look quite remarkable!
    Many thanks for joining the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

    ReplyDelete