Thursday, September 17, 2015

Photo a Day 126 - Grey Fantail

Trying out the new camera yesterday. Caught a little grey fantail chasing insects around the flowering cherry tree - not yet flowering. These little fellows never sit still, so I was quite pleased to get this shot without a tripod.  




This first shot is not quite in focus, but I did get better.


More practice is in order, but I am pleased with this little camera. I was about 30metres from the subject.

Liz Needle   -  linking with "Wild Bird Wednesday".


3 comments:

  1. if you were so far away, your camera is a true gem :) Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy with it. It is a Nikon Coolpix P610 and has a 65X zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I measured it out - more like 20 metres, but still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete