Friday, April 17, 2015

Photo a Day 78 - Good Fences

A bit late on this one, but I'm not finding too many interesting fences lately.

This is one of the entrances to the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. It's not as impressive as the front gates, but much easier to access and get a traffic free photo. Our Botanic Gardens are really lovely and they bring back so many memories of picnics when I was a kid.
I remember every school holidays my mother and some of her friends and their children would meet in the same spot in the gardens for a picnic. There used to be a long paddling pool for the kids to play in, but sadly this has been filled in for health and safety reasons.


I didn't take many photos as this was a very quick trip to buy some plants, but I must go back and spend a day with my camera capturing some of the beauty of our botanic gardens. No more fences, just a few trees.








I just love these old Morten Bay fig trees. They are so interesting to look at.




Liz Needle  -  linking with Thursday Good Fences.






6 comments:

  1. HiLiz You certainly found a fantastic fence entrance in that first shot and those trees are magnificent. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz, beautiful images.. The entrance to the gardens is lovely. And the fig tree is awesome.. Have a happy day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful entryway to the garden. It sounds like you have some wonderful childhood memories of being there! Lovely fence, and I adore those wonderful fig trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. having a very tough time loading your blog today.

    it's a beautiful place and i love those large trees! (the flowers in my post were indian paintbrush and spiderwort)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is quite the place, I'd really enjoy visiting myself. It's wonderful to have places like this you can go to and have memories of your childhood as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful there and I love that huge tree! The iron fence is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete