Saturday, February 28, 2015

Photo a Day 54 - Good Fences

I have been busy this week - so much so that I have not touched my blog for the whole week. There goes my resolve to do a Photo a Day. Still, I figure that some days I have blogged more than once, so perhaps that makes up for my slackness this week.

My fences this week for "Good Fences" come from a grazing property in the north of South Australia. North Bundaleer was one of the earliest South Australian pastoral properties dating back to 1841.  The current homestead was built between 1898 and 1901 and at that time the property encompassed approximately 60 000 acres.

Sadly over the years the property was cut up and the beautiful house fell into disrepair and by 1971 had been abandoned. It was purchased in 1998 by the current owners who painstakingly and lovingly restored it to its former glory. It now operates as a Luxury Accommodation and Function Centre.

The fences are part of the huge old shearing shed - now used for the occasional wedding and function.






And the old stone shearing shed




Liz Needle  -  linking with Tex's "Good Fences".

4 comments:

  1. glad someone is saving what is left of the property! thanks, liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I agree with Theresa, great photos. I can almost hear the sound of four-legged feet romping about in your first photo! Funny how one place can bring so many images to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very different shots and both are great in their own way. Yes I think you have done really well with your challenge and sometimes it is good to have a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos Liz. I can hear them running up and down, and the smell..........only in Australia :-D

    ReplyDelete