Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

This is my first posting in Wild Bird Wednesday. I love taking photos of birds, but I really need a better camera -  one with a lens that will get me closer to the birds. Some of the photos you guys take are just amazing.  Any suggestions about a good camera will be gratefully received.

Meanwhile I'd like to show you these shots of a couple of galahs that nested in a big gum tree about 50 metres from our house.




It was a bit of guess work getting these shots and it is a very tall tree, a fair way off and small birds, but I got lucky, I think.

Liz Needle

9 comments:

  1. Great photos Liz.What type of camera do you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Panasonic Lumix DCM-FZ8. Thinking of getting a DSLR, but not sure which at this stage.

      Delete
  2. I think you did a great job Liz! This is a very pretty bird and the colors of the tree sure compliment the color of the feathers. It all made for lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your love for birds shows, in these great photos and even the tree is a masterpiece! Lovely photos and a very interesting bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you did GREAT! nice shots of these beauties! so exotic to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bird! And the pictures look like paintings, which is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Liz Needle" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/06/sites-to-see_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super shots for your first input to WBW.

    ReplyDelete